BreadcrumbsHome / Renewable Energy Programs
Trico's 2013 REST Plan Has Been Approved
ATTENTION! Change to SunWatts Rebate Program!
The Arizona Corporation Commission (ACC), in Decision No. 73634, dated January 31, 2013, approved Trico’s 2013 REST Plan. The approved 2013 REST Plan included modifications to several of Trico’s SunWatts programs. Some highlights include the following:
1. Trico’s up-front incentive for leased and member owned, residential and non-residential Photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 10 kW is $0.10 per Watt up to 30% of the total cost of the system, effective for applications received on or after January 1, 2013.
2. The up-front incentive for solar hot water heaters will continue to be $0.40 per kWh of energy saved during a system’s first year of operation based on the OG-300 ratings of the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation.
3. The re-instatement of Trico’s PV for Schools, Educational Grant and Habitat for Humanity Programs.
To view ACC Decision No. 73634 approving Trico’s 2013 REST Plan click here.
Trico Sun Farm
Solar energy without the rooftoop
When you take part in the Trico Sun Farm, you get all the benefits of rooftop solar without any of the issues. The Sun Farm is located at Trico's office and Trico handles all the maintenance and upkeep. Plus, Trico guarantees the kilowatt-hour output for 20 years.
Each panel has a rated-output of 270 watts. You can purchase panels in full, half- or quarter-size increments. Prices are:
* $920 for a full panel
* $460 for a half panel
* $230 for a quarter panel
You get a kilowatt-hour (kWh) credit on your monthly electric bill based on the number of panels you buy.
* 36 kWh for a full panel
* 18 kWh for a half panel
* 9 kWh for a quarter panel
For example, if you purchase one full-size panel, each month you will get a credit of 36 kWh on your monthly bill. Let's say your electric usage is 1,000 kWh. Your electric bill will be calculated based on a usage of 964 kWh to reflect the output of your solar panels.
Want to get started? Click here to download an application!
Click here to view Trico's ACC-approved SunWatts Sun Farm Tariff.
Click here to view the Sun Farm Solar Energy Output Purchase Agreement.
SunWatts Program Details
SunWatts Program Details
*Residential/Non-Residential UFI Rebates: Trico to continue to reduce its UFI level consistent with the UFI level reductions, for residential and non-residential PV systems up to 10 kW, in the Tucson Electric Power Company (TEP) 2013 REST Plan. Please click here to view TEP's 2013 REST Plan Decision.
**Performance-Based Incentive (PBI) program requirements (for systems greater than 10 kW):
· Eligible Renewable Energy Generation systems must be over 10 kW but less than 1 MW.
· Projects 1 MW and larger are negotiated on a per-project basis relative to current market conditions.
· Eligible Renewable Energy Generation systems will serve a Trico member/load.
· Eligible Renewable Energy Generation systems will meet Trico’s Interconnection requirements.
· Projects are evaluated as funds are available.
· Evaluation includes: proposed REC price, community and system benefit, program budget, system output, and other considerations.
· Top projects are awarded until budget is exhausted.
· Remaining projects can be resubmitted the following evaluation period.
· Installation must be completed within 8 months of acceptance or project must be resubmitted.